UPSC CIVIL SERVICE EXAM NOTIFICATION 2020
- Date of notification of Civil Service (Prelims) – 12th February 2020
- Last date to apply for Civil Service (Prelims) – 3rd March 2020.
- Date of Preliminary Exam – 31 May 2020.
UPSC Civil Services Exam 2020:-
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has released notification of the Civil Services Examination (CSE) 2020/ UPSC CSE Exam on 12th February 2020. It is the most highest & prestigious jobs in government – IAS, IPS & IFS. The Preliminary Examination of the Civil Services Exam (IAS exam 2020) for the recruitment of various Govt Services and Posts will be held by UPSC on 31 May 2020.
If you are aspiring for government jobs, then make sure to know about the civil services exams & see if you are eligible to apply. Eligible Indian Citizens are required to fill UPSC Online Application Form on or before 18th March 2020.kea, upsssc, uppsc, upsc syllabus, cisf admit card, pf withdrawal, psc.ap.gov.in, upsconline, kea.kar.nic.in, epfo assistant result, epf withdrawal, uppcs, upssc, icai cds, gs score, icai result, epfo result, upsc notification 2019, cisf admit card download, epfo admit card, upsssc admit card, upsc 2019, ib result, upsc full form, upsc result 2019, ias salary, up psc,
Exam:- Civil Services (IAS) Preliminary Examinations 2020.
Total posts:- 796
Age Limit:- 21 to 32 years.
Exam Fee:- Rs.100/- for Gen/OBC & No fee for SC/ST/PH candidate.
Last Date:- 3rd March 2020.
Job Location:- All India.
Application mode:- Online.
Preliminary Exam: 31 May 2020.
Official Website:- https://upsc.gov.in/
Vacancy details of UPSC Civil Services Exam 2020
|Sr. no.||Services/ depts|
|(i)||Indian Administrative Service|
|(ii)||Indian Foreign Service|
|(iii)||Indian Police Service|
|(iv)||Indian P & T Accounts & Finance Service (Group ‘A’)|
|(v)||Indian Audit and Accounts Service (Group ‘A’)|
|(vi)||Indian Revenue Service (Customs and Central Excise) (Group ‘A’)|
|(vii)||Indian Defence Accounts Service Group ‘A’)|
|(viii)||Indian Revenue Service (I.T.) Group ‘A’)|
|(ix)||Indian Ordnance Factories Service Group ‘A’ (Assistant Works Manager)|
|(x)||Indian Postal Service Group ‘A’|
|(xi)||Indian Civil Accounts Service Group ‘A’|
|(xii)||Indian Railway Traffic Service Group ‘A’|
|(xiii)||Indian Railway Accounts Service Group ‘A’|
|(xiv)||Indian Railway Personnel Service Group ‘A’|
|(xv)||Post of Assistant Security Commissioner in Railway Protection Force Group ‘A’|
|(xvi)||Indian Defence Estates Service Group ‘A’|
|(xvii)||Indian Information Service (Junior Grade) Group ‘A’|
|(xviii)||Indian Trade Service Group ‘A’ (Gr. III)|
|(xix)||Indian Corporate Law Service Group “A”|
|(xx)||Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Service Group ‘B’ (Section Officer’s Grade)|
|(xxi)||Delhi/ Andaman & Nicobar Islands/ Lakshadweep/ Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Civil Service Group ‘B’|
|(xxii)||Delhi- Andaman & Nicobar Islands/ Lakshadweep/ Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Police Service Group ‘B’|
|(xxiii)||Pondicherry Civil Service Group ‘B’|
|(xxiv)||Pondicherry Police Service Group ‘B’|
Important Note: The current registration is for the prelims exam only. Once the results are declared, successful candidates must register for the main exam separately which will be activated later.
Civil Service Exams 2020: Who is Eligible?
The eligibility criteria to apply for these UPSC civil service exams are pretty simple. It may be because the performance in prelims & main exams is given more weight-age more than degree marks.
Should have passed in any graduate degree
Those who are currently in the final year/ sem of graduation can also apply but must produce proof of passing the degree while appearing for the main exams. If not, they would be disqualified.
A number of attempts: All candidates are permitted to take part in the civil services exam for 6 attempts (chances). The number of chances is 9 for OBC, there is no restriction in the case of SC/ ST applicants.
Age limit for UPSC CSE Exam: A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 32 years.
Age relaxation – 05 Years for SC / ST, 03 Years for OBC and Deference Services Personnel, 05 Years – if a candidate had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from the 1st January 1980 to the 31st December 1989, 05 Years for Ex-Serviceman and 10 Years for Physically Handicapped Candidates.
Exam process: The Civil Services Examination will consist of two successive stages:-
(1) Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination (Objective type) for the selection of candidates for the Main Examination; for a total of 400 marks, it has 2 papers (objective type).
Syllabus Pattern for Prelims Exam
|Paper – I Syllabus||General Studies – This paper marks will be counted forgetting to write the Civil Services Mains exam.||200 Marks||Two Hours|
|Paper-II (CSAT) Syllabus||Aptitude test (CSAT) – This paper is of qualifying nature. But the candidate must score at least 33% marks in this paper. However, marks of this paper are not counted for writing the Mains examination.||200 Marks||Two Hours|
(2) Civil Services (Main) Examination (Written and Interview) for the selection of candidates for the various Services and posts noted above.
Applications are now invited for the Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination only. The Preliminary exam scheduled to be held on 31 May 2020. Candidates who are declared by the Commission to have qualified for admission to the Civil Services (Main) Examination will have to apply online again, in the Detailed Application Form which would be made available to them. The Main Examination is likely to be held in August 2020.
Syllabus of UPSC Civil Service 2020 Prelims exam
The syllabus for the Preliminary Exams for Paper-I:
- Current events of national and international importance.
- History of India and Indian National Movement.
- Indian and World Geography – Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World.
Indian Polity and Governance – Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
- Economic and Social Development – Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector initiatives, etc.
- General issues on Environmental Ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change
- General Science
The syllabus for the Preliminary Exams for Paper-II:
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills;
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- Decision-making and problem solving
- General mental ability
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc.) (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. – Class X level)
Note 1: The questions in both Paper-I (current affairs) and Paper-II (aptitude test) will be of multiple choice, objective type for 200 marks each and the time allotted for each paper is two hours.
Note 2: The CSAT aptitude test or Paper-II will be a qualifying paper only with a minimum of 33% to be secured to qualify for the Mains exam.
Note 3: It is mandatory for the candidate to appear in both the papers of Civil Services (Prelim) examination. The candidate will be disqualified in case he or she appears in only one paper of the (Prelims) exam. So appearing in both the papers is mandatory for the evaluation of the (Prelims) exam.
Registration & fees: – Candidates are required to apply online UPSC CSE exam only through the website www.upsconline.nic.in only. Remember to enter all the required details for civil services (prelims) exam as there is no option to modify it later.
In-order to successfully register your application, Rs.100 should be paid as fee. All Female, SC/ ST/ PH candidates are totally exempted from paying the fees.
This amount can be paid in any one of the following ways for UPSC CSE exam:
Using debit/ credit cards OR
By depositing cash in any branch of SBI OR
By using net banking of SBI/ State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur /State Bank of Hyderabad/ State Bank of Mysore/ State Bank of Patiala /State Bank of Travancore.
How to Apply: Eligible Candidates are required to Apply Online through UPSC Online Website on or before 3rd March 2020 till 6:00 PM.
Some Useful Important Links:
- IIT Jammu Recruitment for 39 Jr. Asst & Other Vacancy
- Bihar Police Squad Constable Admit Card 2020
- MP High Court Recruitment 2020 | Jabalpur high court
- bihar public service commission | www bihar public service commission
- Uppsc Result | uppsc news | uppsc 2019 uppsc je result
- ssc online | ssc admit card | ssc je online |…
- IIT Jammu Recruitment for 39 Jr. Asst & Other Vacancy
- NCERT Recruitment for 13 Storekeeper, Asst
- Rajasthan High Court Recruitment 2020
- Indian Army SSC Recruitment for Technical & Non-Technical Vacancy
- NABARD Recruitment for 150 Assistant Manager Vacancy 2020