SSC CHSL Recruitment 2020: Staff Selection Commission or SSC has been one of the most attractive associations for Government tests in India. Consistently a large number of opening are filled by SSC in Government offices. Govt. occupations are the most looked for after profession decision in India. All the more along these lines, the administration is concentrating on giving better offices, benefits in each part of our lives and the improvement of our nation and to do that a huge number of Jobs will be made in the coming years. SSC is the main Govt. association that gives work to lakhs of understudies in India. An extraordinary open door lies ahead for all the SSC competitors.
The Staff Selection Commission conducts Combined Higher Secondary Level (CHSL) test each year for enrollment in different Ministries/Departments/Organizations of the Government of India. The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts the Combined Higher Secondary Level (CHSL, 10+2) Exam for enlistment to different posts like:
SSC CHSL Recruitment 2020
• Postal Assistants/Sorting Assistants(PA/SA)
• Data Entry Operator (DEO).
• Lower Divisional Clerk (LDC).
• Court Clerk.
- 1 SSC CHSL 2020 Notification
- 2 Click Here to Apply online
- 3 SSC CHSL 2020 Exam Dates
- 4 Activity Dates
- 5 SSC CHSL 2018-19 Exam Date
- 6 Activity Dates
- 7 Click Here to PDF Download
- 8 SSC CHSL Application Fee
- 9 SSC CHSL Salary: Pay Scale
- 10 Post Name vacancy
- 11 Post Name vacancy
- 12 SSC CHSL Eligibility Criteria
- 13 Quantitative Aptitude:
- 14 Follow this link to join my WhatsApp group:
- 15 SSC CHSL Tier 2 Syllabus
- 16 Important Points:
- 17 SSC CHSL Tier 3 Exam Syllabus
- 18 SSC CHSL Result
- 19 SSC CHSL 2020 Cut Off
- 20 SSC CHSL 2018-19 TIER- 1 Cut-Off:
- 21 SSC CHSL 2020: FAQ
- 22 Some Usefull Important Links:
- 23 Also, Read
SSC CHSL 2020 Notification
Staff Selection Commission (SSC) has released the Official Notification for SSC CHSL 2020 exam for the post of Lower Divisional Clerk (LDC)/ Junior Secretariat Assistant (JSA), Postal Assistant/ Sorting Assistant (PA/SA) and Data Entry Operator(DEO) on 03rd December, 2019. The Official Recruitment Notification released in PDF format, so all candidates are advised to click on the link given below to download Official Notification SSC CHSL 2020 Recruitment.
SSC CHSL 2020 Exam Dates
SSC has released the tentative exam schedule for the SSC CHSL 2020 exam. The Tier-1 computer based online exam will be conducted from 16th to 27th March,2020. Please note down the important dates related to SSC CHSL Exam 2020:
SSC CHSL 2019-20 Notification 03rd December 2019
Online Application Starts from 03rd December 2019
Last date for Online Registration
SSC CHSL 2020 Tier-1 Admit Card March 2019
SSC CHSL 2020 Tier-1 Exam 16th to 27th March,2020 (CBE)
SSC CHSL 2020 Tier-2 (Descriptive Paper) 28th June 2020
SSC CHSL 2018-19 Exam Date
The tentative schedule for the SSC CHSL 2018-19 exam is as follows. Please note down the important dates related to SSC CHSL Exam 2019 and make sure to complete the process in time.
SSC CHSL Tier-1 Exam 01st July to 26th July 2019 (CBE)
SSC CHSL Tier-2 Exam 29th September 2019(DES)
SSC CHSL 2020 Online Application
The online application process for SSC CHSL 2020 exam begins on 3rd December, 2019. The last date to apply online SSC CHSL 2020 Exam is 10th January, 2020
SSC CHSL Application Fee
• The required application fee is Rs. 100/-
• Exemption: No fee is required to be paid by female, SC, ST, Physically Handicapped, and Ex-Servicemen candidates
• Applications fee should be pay only through SBI either in the form of challan or through SBI Net Banking or any other bank Credit/Debit Card. Challan form will be generated online
• To pay fee in cash, candidate should take print out of challan generated online after the completion of Part-1 registration. Deposit the requisite fee in any branch of SBI and then continue with the Part-2 registration
• Those candidates who want to pay online can go directly to part-2 registration after completion of part-1 registration. Candidate must supply registration number and date of birth to continue to Part-2 registration
SSC CHSL Salary: Pay Scale
LDC/ JSA Pay Band -1 (Rs. 5200-20200), Grade Pay: Rs.1900 (pre-revised)
PA/ SA Pay Band -1 (Rs. 5200-20200), Grade Pay: Rs. 2400 (pre-revised)
DEO Pay Band-1 (Rs. 5200-20200), Grade Pay: Rs. 2400 (pre-revised)
DEO Grade ‘A’ Pay Band-1 (Rs. 5200-20200), Grade Pay: Rs. 2400 (pre-revised)
SSC CHSL Salary after 7th pay commission
SSC has modified the SSC CHSL Salary Structure for all the Posts after the 7th Pay Commission. SSC CHSL Salary structure after the implementation of the 7th Pay Commission in 2017 is given below:
Post Name Basic Pay HRA TA Gross Salary In Hand City
DEO 25500 6120 3600 35220 31045 X
25500 4080 1800 31380 27205 Y
25500 2040 1800 29340 25165 Z
LDC 19900 4776 1350 26026 22411 X
Court Clerk 19900 3184 900 23984 20369 X
PA/SA 19900 1592 900 22392 18777 X
SSC CHSL 2020 Vacancy Out
The total number of vacancies for SSC CHSL 2020 exam has been released on 7th January 2020. Recently, SSC has released a notice regarding SSC CHSL 2019-20 Vacancy. As per the latest notice, SSC has introduced 4893 vacancies for 2020 Exam. The Post wise vacancy are mentioned below:
Post Name vacancy
LDC/ JSA 1269 Vacancies
PA/ SA 3598 Vacancies
DEO 26 Vacancies
Total 4893 Vacancies
SSC CHSL Last Year Vacancy (2018-19)
Post Name vacancy
LDC/ JSA 1855 Vacancies
PA/ SA 3880 Vacancies
DEO 54 Vacancies
SSC CHSL Recruitment 2020
The SSC CHSL exam is held in 3 stages called (Tiers). While the first one is online the latter two are offline exams. The entire process of registration and communication happens online through the official website of SSC CHSL. Candidates must qualify each stage of the SSC CHSL exam to proceed to the next one, before being finally selected.
SSC CHSL Eligibility Criteria
There are 3 important criteria which a candidate must fulfill in order to be eligible for the SSC CHSL 2020. The 3 parameters are given below:
1. Citizenship: A candidate must be either:
(a) a citizen of India, or
(b) a subject of Nepal, or
(c) a subject of Bhutan, or
(d) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India, before the 1st January,1962, with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
(e) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania(Formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar),Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
2. Age Limit: Age limit for the posts is 18-27 years as on 01-01-2020 (i.e. Candidates born not before 01-01-1993 and not later than 01-01-2002). Permissible relaxation in upper age limit for different categories are as below:
Code No. Category Permissible age relaxation beyond the upper age limit
01 SC/ ST 5 years
02 OBC 3 years
03 Persons with Disabilities (PwD-Unreserved) 10 years
04 PwD + OBC 13 years
05 PwD + SC/ ST 15 years
06 Ex-Servicemen 03 years after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age as on the closing date.
07 Candidates who had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from 1st January 1980 to 31st December 1989. 5 years
08 Defence Personnel disabled in operation during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof. 3 years
09 Defence Personnel disabled in operation during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof (SC/ ST). 8 years
10 Central Government Civilian Employees: Who have rendered not less than 3 years regular and continuous service as on closing date for receipt of online applications. Up to 40 years of age
11 Central Government Civilian Employees: Who have rendered not less than 3 years regular and continuous service as on closing date for receipt of online applications (SC/ ST). Up to 45 years of age
12 Widows/ Divorced Women/ Women judicially separated and who are not remarried. Up to 35 years of age
13 Widows/ Divorced Women/ Women judicially separated and who are not remarried (SC/ ST). Up to 40 years of age
3. Educational Qualification:
For LDC/ JSA, PA/ SA, DEO (except DEOs in C&AG): The candidates who is planning to appear in CHSL 2020 exam must have passed 12th Standard or equivalent examination from a recognized Board or University.
For Data Entry Operator (DEO) in the Office of Comptroller and Auditor General of India (C&AG): 12th Standard pass in Science stream with Mathematics as a subject from a recognized Board or equivalent.
SSC CHSL 2020 Exam Pattern
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) start conducting the Combined Higher Secondary Level(CHSL) in three levels for various posts:
Tier Type Mode
Tier – I Objective Multiple Choice Computer Based (online)
Tier – II Descriptive Paper in English/Hindi Pen and Paper mod
Tier – III Skill Test/Computer Proficiency Test Wherever Applicable
Before beginning the SSC CHSL preparation, it is important to make note of changes in exam pattern and syllabus. The modifications to SSC CHSL Exam Pattern 2020 are given below:
• SSC CHSL 2020 Tier 1 exam will be conducted in online mode.
• Introduction of a descriptive paper of 100 marks within 60 minutes in pen and paper mode.
• Reduction in time limit for examination of Tier -I from 75 minutes to 60 minutes.
• Tier III will remain same.
• No Sectional Cut off.
Click Here to View SSC CHSL 2020 Exam Pattern
SSC CHSL 2020 Syllabus
Since the SSC CHSL is comprised of 3 different levels, we must deal with their syllabus independently.
This is an objective exam which will be conducted online. There are 4 sections in the Tier 1 exam of SSC CHSL 2020, with 100 questions which account for a total of 200 marks. The subject-wise details are given below:
Section Subject No of Questions Max Marks Exam Duration
1 General Intelligence 25 50 60 minutes
2 General Awareness 25 50
3 Quantitative Aptitude (Basic Arithmetic Skill) 25 50
4 English Language (Basic Knowledge) 25 50
Total 100 200
SSC CHSL Tier 1 Syllabus
English Language: Spot the Error, Fill in the Blanks, Synonyms/ Homonyms, Antonyms, Spellings/ Detecting mis-spelt words, Idioms & Phrases, One word substitution, Improvement of Sentences, Active/ Passive Voice of Verbs, Conversion into Direct/ Indirect narration, Shuffling of Sentence parts, Shuffling of Sentences in a passage, Cloze Passage, Comprehension Passage.
General Intelligence: It would include questions of both verbal and non-verbal type. The test will include questions on Semantic Analogy, Symbolic operations, Symbolic/ Number Analogy, Trends, Figural Analogy, Space Orientation, Semantic Classification, Venn Diagrams, Symbolic/ Number Classification, Drawing inferences, Figural Classification, Punched hole/ patternfolding & unfolding, Semantic Series, Figural Pattern-folding and completion, Number Series, Embedded figures, Figural Series, Critical Thinking, Problem Solving, Emotional Intelligence, Word Building, Social Intelligence, Coding and de-coding, Other subtopics, if any Numerical operations.
Number Systems: Computation of Whole Number, Decimal and Fractions, Relationship between numbers.
Fundamental arithmetical operations: Percentages, Ratio and Proportion, Square roots, Averages, Interest (Simple and Compound), Profit and Loss, Discount, Partnership Business, Mixture and Allegation, Time and distance, Time and work.
Algebra: Basic algebraic identities of School Algebra and Elementary surds (simple problems) and Graphs of Linear Equations.
Geometry: Familiarity with elementary geometric figures and facts: Triangle and its various kinds of centres, Congruence and similarity of triangles, Circle and its chords, tangents, angles subtended by chords of a circle, common tangents to two or more circles.
Mensuration: Triangle, Quadrilaterals, Regular Polygons, Circle, Right Prism, Right Circular Cone, Right Circular Cylinder, Sphere, Hemispheres, Rectangular Parallelepiped, Regular Right Pyramid with triangular or square Base.
Trigonometry: Trigonometry, Trigonometric ratios, Complementary angles, Height and distances (simple problems only) Standard Identities like sin2 𝜃 + Cos2 𝜃=1 etc.,
Statistical Charts: Use of Tables and Graphs: Histogram, Frequency polygon, Bar-diagram, Pie-chart.
General Awareness: Questions are designed to test the candidate‟s general awareness of the environment around him and its application to society. Questions are also designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday observation and experience in their scientific aspect as may be expected of an educated person. The test will also include questions relating to India and its neighboring countries especially pertaining to History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General policy and scientific research
Click Here to View SSC CHSL 2020 Detailed Syllabus
• There is negative marking in SSC CHSL 2020 Tier 1 Exam. Giving a wrong answer to a question will lead to a penalty of 0.5 marks in all sections
• The exam duration is 75 minutes for candidates who are visually handicapped.
SSC CHSL Tier 2 Syllabus
This is a descriptive exam that is designed to test the written skills of the candidates in English/Hindi. The Paper would comprise writing of an Essay of 200-250 words and Letter/Application writing of approximately 150-200 words. The minimum qualifying marks in Tier-II would be 33 per cent. The performance in Tier II would be included for preparing merit. The best way to prepare for the same is to read lots of articles from various newspapers. Apart from this, you need to be well aware of the pattern of Letter and Application.
• The exam is of 60 minutes’ duration and carries 100 marks.
• The questions are based on 10 level.
• The exam is qualifying in nature.
• Part paper written in Hindi and Part in English will not be evaluated.
• The exam duration is 80 minutes for candidates who are visually handicapped or suffer from cerebral palsy.
SSC CHSL Tier 3 Exam Syllabus
The Tier 3 of SSC CHSl Exam 2020 comprises of a couple of skill tests which are required for certain government posts.
Skill Test for Data Entry Operator(DEO):
• Data Entry Speed of 8,000 (eight thousand) Key Depressions per hour on Computer.
• The duration of the Test will be 15 (Fifteen) minutes .
Typing Test for Postal Assistant/Sorting Assistant LDCs and Court Clerks:
• Typing Test will be conducted in English or Hindi and candidates while applying for the Examination, will have to indicate his/her choice/option for Skill Test Medium in the Application Form.
• Typing Test will be of qualifying in nature.
• It will be administered on the Computer, to be provided by the Commission or any agency authorized by the Commission. SSC CHSL Recruitment
• Candidates opting for English medium should have typing speed of 35 words per minute.
• Candidates opting for Hindi medium should have typing speed of 30 words per minute.
• The speed will be adjudged on the accuracy of typing on the Computer of a given text passage in 10 minutes.SSC CHSL Recruitment
• Visually Handicapped candidates (with 40% disability and above) will be allowed 30 minutes.
Note: After skill test or typing test, those candidates who qualify it, will be appointed based on their position in the merit list.
SSC CHSL 2020 Admit Card
Every candidate who registers for SSC CHSL Exam 2020 within stipulated time will be assigned an e-admit card/hall ticket/call letter that can be downloaded from the official website of SSC. The admit card for the CHSL Tier-1 exam will be released first followed by the admit card of CHSL Tier-2 exam (administered to only those candidates who qualify for Tier 1 exam).SSC CHSL Recruitment
More information and the download link for the admit card will be displayed post the release of the official notification for SSC CHSL 2020. Candidates are advised to keep checking this page for updates.
SSC CHSL Result
SSC CHSL Result Result will be declared after the examination for different Tiers of SSC CHSL 2020 exam has been conducted. All candidates can check their SSC CHSL Result & Marks by clicking on the link mentioned below:
SSC CHSL 2020 Cut Off
To get an insight into SSC CHSL 2020 Cut-Off, we must have an idea about previous years cut-off. Have a look at the cut-off for SSC CHSL Tier I Exam 2018-19:SSC CHSL Recruitment
SSC CHSL 2018-19 TIER- 1 Cut-Off:
SSC CHSL 2018-19 Tier I Cut Off Marks: Post-Wise
in C&AG LDC/JSA
UR 181.47 165.93 135.60
SC – 145.52 110.09
ST – 136.74 99.09
OBC 178.45 161.72 133.74
EWS – 163.75 127.25
ESM – 117.13 56.11
OH – 129.42 102.75
HH – 98.86 58.43
VH – – 84.87
Other PWD – – 50.00
Qualified 175 2330 45101
SSC CHSL 2020: FAQ
Q1. When will SSC CHSL 2020 Exam be conducted?
SSC CHSL 2020 Tier-I exam will be conducted from 16th to 27th March 2020 while the Tier-II (Descriptive Paper) is sheduled to be held on 28th June 2020. SSC CHSL Recruitment
Q2. When can I apply for SSC CHSL 2020 Exam?
All candidates can apply online for SSC CHSL 2019-20 Exam from 3rd December 2019 at the official website of of SSC i.e. https://ssc.nic.in/.
Q3. What is the last date to apply online for SSC CHSL 2019-20 Exam?
The last date to apply online for SSC CHSL 2019-20 Exam is 10th January 2020.
Q4. Is the SSC CHSL 2020 exam Bilingual?
All tests are bilingual, i.e. available in both English and Hindi except the English Language.
Q5. Is there Any Negative Marking in SSC CHSL Online Exam?
Yes, there is a negative marking for wrong answers in Tier-I of SSC CHSL. 1/4th of the total marks will be deducted for the question marked wrong by the candidate.
Q6. Are there fixed timings for different sections in SSC CHSL Tier-I Exam?
No, There is no sectional timing in SSC CHSL Exam. The total duration of Tier-I exam is 60 minutes.
Some Usefull Important Links:
Apply Online: Click Here
Notification View: Click Here
Official Website: https://ssc.nic.in/
- IIT Jammu Recruitment for 39 Jr. Asst & Other Vacancy
- Bihar Police Squad Constable Admit Card 2020
- MP High Court Recruitment 2020 | Jabalpur high court
- bihar public service commission | www bihar public service commission
- Uppsc Result | uppsc news | uppsc 2019 uppsc je result
- ssc online | ssc admit card | ssc je online |…
- IIT Jammu Recruitment for 39 Jr. Asst & Other Vacancy
- NCERT Recruitment for 13 Storekeeper, Asst
- Rajasthan High Court Recruitment 2020
- Indian Army SSC Recruitment for Technical & Non-Technical Vacancy
- NABARD Recruitment for 150 Assistant Manager Vacancy 2020