Reasoning Questions and Answers – All India Exams
1. What two ingredients make a Black Velvet cocktail?
Answer: Champagne and stout
2. The Hugo Award is an award given in what field?
Answer: Science fiction
3. What is added to cognac and absinthe to make a Sazerac cocktail?
Answer: Sugar cube and Peychaud’s bitters
4. What are the two highest valued letters in Scrabble?
Answer: Q and Z
5. For what mysterious figure is the latch on the inside of some Boeing passenger jet doors named?
Answer: D. B. Cooper
6. Mean Joe Greene helped what team win four Super Bowls?
Answer: Pittsburgh Steelers
7. At bingo, which number is two fat ladies?
8. Toxiphobia is a fear of what?
Answer: Being poisoned
9. Which bird is the national bird of Japan?
Answer: Green pheasant
10. What object is said to bring bad luck if it is broken?
11. In archery, how many points are awarded for a bull’s-eye?
12. Scoleciphobia is the fear of what?
13. The name ‘circus’ comes from what Greek word?
14. What does a cartographer do?
Answer: Makes maps
15. Which bird is the national bird of Denmark?
Answer: Mute swan
16. What is the name of the kneeling cushions in churches?
17. The Mario villain ‘Wario’, made his first appearance in which Nintendo game?
Answer: Super Mario Land 2
18. What is Tiger Woods’ real first name?
19. What position was first held by Steve Allen?
Answer: Tonight Show host
20. Where was Budweiser first brewed?
Answer: St. Louis
21. How many squares on a side is a daily ‘New York Times’ crossword puzzle?
22. Traditionally, what sign of the zodiac is ruled by Pluto?
23. How many years are in a semicentennial?
24. How many strings are there on a standard violin?
25. George Fox founded which religious group?
26. What is the primary ingredient in Soy Sauce, besides water?
27. What rank is the US Navy equivalent of the army’s five-star general?
Answer: Fleet Admiral
28. What is by far the best known product by Victorinox?
Answer: Swiss Army Knife
29. What video game got its name from a Japanese mistranslation of ‘King Kong’?
Answer: Donkey Kong
30. What is the literal translation of the word ‘tofu’?
Answer: Bean curd
31. What is better than scissors in the paper, stone, scissors game?
32. What does an NFL referee signal by stretching his arms out at his sides with his palms down?
Answer: Unsportsmanlike Conduct
33. Who invented basketball?
Answer: James Naismith
34. What is the more common name for an Apiarist?
35. In the game of chess, which piece has the most freedom to move?
Answer: The queen
36. What country produces Angostura Bitters?
Answer: Trinidad and Tobago
37. What country produces Angostura Bitters?
Answer: Trinidad and Tobago
38. What former World Heavyweight Champion boxer was nicknamed ‘The Brown Bomber’?
Answer: Joe Louis
39. In a deck of Bicycle brand playing cards, what type of character is depicted riding a bicycle on the Joker card?
Answer: A king
40. In NATO’s phonetic alphabet, what is the letter ‘F’ referred to as?
41. What common office supply item is named for the Asian ‘abaca’ fiber used to make them?
Answer: Manila envelopes
42. What is the first name of the drummer for the band Van Halen?
43. What style of beer is used to make a ‘Black Velvet’ cocktail?
44. By what nickname was boxer John L. Sullivan also known as?
Answer: The Boston Strong Boy
45. Which of Santa’s reindeer have names that mean ‘thunder’ and ‘lightning’ in German?
Answer: Donner and Blitzen
46. What does ‘green lumber’ mean to carpenters?
Answer: Lumber that is not yet dry
47. How many players are there on a water polo team?
48. What do Teal Pumpkins represent to Trick or Treaters?
Answer: Non-Food Treats
49. What year did Ferdinand Porsche and his team finish the design of the VW Beetle?
50. What is Sauerkraut?
Answer: Pickled Cabbage