General knowledge questions and answers
1. Which fruit can restore your health in Donkey Kong 64?
2. What does someone become after being canonized?
3. Which Commodore-produced computer came with 5 kB of static onboard memory?
4. What is the name of Spain’s famous cold soup made mostly from tomatoes?
5. In the game of cricket which bird name means scoring no runs?
6. What airline announced its bankruptcy in January, 1991?
Answer: Eastern Airlines
7. What is the French name for a restaurant wine steward?
8. What were the first modern Olympic pole vaulters’ poles made of?
9. ‘Cardice’ is another term for what?
Answer: Dry ice
10. What’s the only Grand Slam tennis event still played on grass?
11. How many colored squares are there on a standard Rubik’s cube?
12. How many players are there in a standard men’s field lacrosse team?
13. What slang term for the stomach is the highest-scoring ailment in the game ‘Operation’?
Answer: The Breadbasket
14. In cocktail terminology, what does ‘neat’ mean?
Answer: A drink poured without water, ice or mixers
15. Creme de Cacao, cream, and cognac make up which type of cocktail?
Answer: Brandy Alexander
16. In what European country is the headquarters for the World Health Organization?
17. What US city and its surroundings is the basis for a standard US Monopoly board?
Answer: Atlantic City
18. In the bible Zacharias and Elizabeth were the parents of whom?
Answer: John The Baptist
19. What type of food is Lollo Rosso?
20. Of the 88 keys on a piano, how many are black?
21. What kind of clay oven is used to make Indian dishes like naan and chicken tikka?
Answer: The tandoor
22. Kiwano is a type of what?
23. Where was Budweiser first brewed?
Answer: St. Louis
24. The ‘de Havilland Comet IV’ was what?
Answer: A jet plane
25. What color jersey does the overall leader of the Tour de France wear?
26. At which sport was Hungarian Victor Barna World Champion 5 times?
Answer: Table Tennis
27. The sleeve insignia of a First Class Petty Officer in the US Navy is a spread eagle over how many chevrons?
28. What is the official language of Austria?
29. Until 2008, what color was the center square on a standard Scrabble board?
30. What year did Barbie doll first appear on the market?
31. What are Roy W. Allen and Frank Wright famous for?
Answer: A&W root beer
32. What European car maker was purchased by VW in 1969?
33. What year was National Geographic magazine first published?
34. How many tablespoons are in a cup?
35. What board game, set during World War II, is dubbed ‘A Game of High Adventure’?
Answer: Axis & Allies
36. What did Coleco name its 1983 home computer?
37. What 1996 Olympic event had two US squads playing each other for the gold medal?
Answer: Beach volleyball
38. How long, in yards, is an NFL football field?
39. A pike most resembles what kind of weapon?
40. When was Coca-Cola first introduced?
41. What was the full name of Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother
Answer: Elizabeth Angela Marguerite Bowes-Lyon
42. What is Jimmy Carter’s middle name?
43. In pool, what color is the 1-ball?
44. According to business studies, what is the most productive day of the work week?
45. By US law, exit signs in buildings must be one of what two colors?
Answer: Red or green
46. What was the name of Michael Jackson’s pet chimpanzee?
47. In the tech field, what does AMD stand for?
Answer: Advanced Micro Devices
48. When was the tire company, Michelin, founded?
49. What baseball team was known as the ‘Gashouse Gang’?
Answer: The St. Louis Cardinals
50. What word is used to describe the employees’ side of a casino table?
51. How many beans of coffee are needed to make an espresso?
52. What yard line must a football team drive to, to reach the ‘red zone’?
Answer: The 20
53. What Australian snack is made from the yeast extract left over from making beer?
54. Shechita is the method of producing meat that is what?
55. In motor racing, what color flag is used to communicate stopping of the racing session?
56. What is the family name of the creator of Tobasco sauce?
57. What is a ‘Nutty Buddy’?
Answer: An Ice Cream
58. Who led the NFL in rushing yards four out of five years from 1972 to 1976?
Answer: O.J. Simpson
59. What is the ‘Bishop’s Stone’?
60. What Poker hand comprises theree of a kind and a pair?
Answer: A full house
61. Which religious ceremony comes from the Greek word meaning ‘to dip’?
62. What year was the first Amazon Kindle device introduced?
63. How much does it cost to purchase Boardwalk in the standard game of Monopoly?
64. What safety-minded European automaker pioneered side airbags in the 1990’s?
65. What color flag is waved to indicate ‘caution’ in auto racing?
66. Bananas Foster originated in what city?
Answer: New Orleans
67. In the Bible, who did Matthias replace?
Answer: Judas Iscariot
68. Who tore up a picture of the Pope on US television in 1992?
Answer: Sinead O’Connor
69. Which country first used police dogs?
70. How many points is the letter ‘k’ worth in a game of ‘scrabble’?
71. What does a philologist study?
72. In the video game ‘Darksiders’, which of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse do you play?
73. Which type of restaurant popularized the use of conveyor belts?
Answer: Sushi Restaurants
74. The word alphabet comes from which 2 Greek letters?
Answer: Alpha and Beta
75. Poutine consists of gravy and cheese curds on top of what?
Answer: French fries
76. What is biltong?
Answer: Dried meat
77. The game ‘Cities: Skylines’ was developed by which Finnish video game company?
Answer: Colossal Order
78. What name is given to the line running across a snooker table?
Answer: Balk line
79. What degree did Brett Favre earn from the University of Southern Mississippi?
80. How many singers are in a sextet?
81. When was the Apple II computer introduced?
82. Whose street name during his days as a juvenile delinquent was ‘Detroit Red’?
Answer: Malcolm X
83. In what year was Gettysburg National Military Park founded?
84. The Obie Award is an award given in what field?
Answer: Off-Broadway theater
85. On what gold course would you find the three tricky holes called the ‘Amen Corner’?
Answer: Augusta National Gold Club
86. What does the beer widget do?
Answer: Manages the beer’s head
87. According to Toucan Sam, what should you always follow to find Froot Loops?
Answer: Your nose
88. What cartoon character is used by Owens-Corning in ads for its insulation products?
Answer: Pink Panther
89. What is a shuriken?
Answer: A throwing star
90. Who invented basketball?
Answer: James Naismith
91. Who was the first American team to join the National Hockey League, in 1924?
Answer: Boston Bruins
92. What day of the week is Mardi Gras?
93. What style of beer is used to make a ‘Black Velvet’ cocktail?
94. Who was New York Yankees’ first manager?
Answer: John McGraw
95. Angelo Sicilano better know as who?
Answer: Charles Atlas
96. Mile High Stadium in Denver was built in 1948 and was then known by what name?
Answer: Bears Stadium
97. Which car manufacturer produces the Clio?
98. What do the initials stand for in PGP digital encryption?
Answer: Pretty Good Privacy
99. What’s the name of Barbie Doll’s boyfriend?
100. In 1968 what company introduced the Sting-Ray Krate, a forerunner to the BMX?
101. How many players are in a Polo team?
102. Which Biblical character wrestled an angel in Genesis 32?
103. The use of astronomical phenomena to predict earthly and human events is called what?
104. When was Vogue Magazine founded?
105. How many players are there in a standard baseball team?
106. When did boxer John L. Sullivan die?
107. ‘St. Vitus’s Dance’ is what?
Answer: A type of brain disorder
108. What US city gave birth to the Grasshopper cocktail?
Answer: New Orleans
109. What boxer is memorialized by a giant fist outside Detroit’s Renaissance Center?
Answer: Joe Louis
110. What designer invented the Rubik’s cube?
Answer: Erno Rubik
111. Which letter stands for the Roman number 50?
112. On the standard Monopoly board, what color are the Chance cards?
113. In what sport would you perform an Adolf?
Answer: Trampolining forward 3.5 twists
114. What was the first artificial flavouring?
Answer: Vanilla Essence
115. What do you get when you mix tequila, triple sec and lime juice?
Answer: A Margarita
116. What do the S, V, and P stand for in RSVP?
Answer: S’il vous plait
117. What song contains the line ‘I feel stupid and contagious’?
Answer: Smells Like Teen Spirit
118. What are the basic ingredients of beer?
Answer: Water, Malted Barley, Hops, Yeast
119. How many bytes are there in a kilobyte?
120. In pool, what color is the 5-ball?